Monday, September 17, 2012

With nothing more than an idea


Are you in idle?
What is idle?

Idle speed - the rotational velocity required within an engine to run and operate smoothly, but not sufficient enough to perform work.  
Work needs a force capable of displacing an object.

Force needs stimuli applied to a body of mass that result in a consequential state of alteration.

What is your idle speed capable of?
Maybe enough to effortlessly power the basic functions behind producing some form of work?

What if your idle speed had the necessary velocity, power, force to generate more?
Would the perceived effort always increase with more work?

Do you fully understand the makings of your machine, your engine, or your drive? I acknowledge the fact that I do have a driving force that powers my motives and ability to seek action. But whether or not I fully understand or control this force is the question at hand. 
I do however know that I want to accomplish more. I have mountains to climb, oceans to cross, hurdles to leap and challenges to face that are going to require more than what I currently am capable of fabricating on my own.
If work is simply a transfer of energy between systems intermediated by a force, then where does one find more energy? And the origin of the aiding force?
With the principles surrounding the conservation of energy, the total energy for an isolated system is “conserved” or held constant over time. Where does new energy come from if it can be neither created nor destroyed? The same energy and forces that were used to perform the work required to walk on the moon, write the constitution, and sow the first seed are shared amongst us. If you want to do more, you need the help of others just as they need yours.
In terms of epistemology our ideas, like that of our energies, all come from some preexisting form. An idea from an idea, thought from thought, knowledge from knowledge, and a passion from a passion. If the pursuit of your personal legend or the writing of your story possesses a need for innovation, perseverance, or the strength to overcome weaknesses, the energy is there. The transfer of energy is driven by the act of sharing.
My hand is not the only force acting as the mediator between the energy of my ideas and the road being paved. I strive to have my idle speed set on wild, and this is how I intend on writing my story. But in this pursuit I will need the energy of others’ ideas, passions, and actions…   

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic, to say the least. I was beginning to wonder where this post was leading until I read the last two sentences. Definitely sparked the psych, time to pass some heat your way.

    ReplyDelete